It is not uncommon for people these days to be juggling a lot of activities while trying to keep those wheels moving in their high-intensity life. It can be highly productive to conduct your life at breakneck speed every once in a while, but if you are attempting to do it long-term, it can be harmful to your health, both physically and mentally. Everyone needs a chance to de-stress, unwind, breathe – whatever you want to call it, and an occasional long weekend or family vacation isn’t always going to cut it. Restorative yoga doesn’t entail a huge time commitment to give you the mental break you quite possibly need. Here are some signs that you need restorative yoga. Ask yourself how often you have said, thought, or done any of these. If you said more than once in a blue moon, find yourself a restorative yoga class.
- I feel like a hamster on a wheel.
- I just wish I could fall asleep quickly when I go to bed.
- It would be nice to wake up refreshed instead of tired and groggy.
- I wish someone would stop the merry-go-round; I want to get off!
- Nobody on the highway knows how to drive! (Feeling road rage often)
- Why does everyone have to have so much drama?
- I don’t feel well, but I’ll just push through it.
- I’m always doing at least two things at once.
- I feel cranky more often than I would like.
- I can’t go more than a few minutes at a time without checking my smartphone.
As already stated, it doesn’t take a long time to work through some restorative yoga poses. For example, you could do just five or six poses with each being held only 5 to 10 minutes. Investing an hour a day or even doing so just a couple of days each week will have a calming effect that can give you a new perspective on life, and that alone could make you more productive than a chaos-driven lifestyle.
If you would like to experience a class in restorative yoga to see what a change it can make for you, give us a call at Triveda Wellness. Our classes are open to all skill levels and ages, so don’t think that you have to be able to wrap yourself into a pretzel as is often misunderstood about yoga. We look forward to helping you have a healthier and happier life in Asheville, North Carolina.