Acupuncture is a practice that is far from new, with the earliest mentions recorded in documents from 100 B.C. However, the practice was not well known in the western world until the later part of the twentieth century, and even then, it was still not widely accepted. In our 21st century world, many people are opening their eyes to alternative forms of wellness. Ancient practices like acupuncture are being given new life as we give them a chance to show us the great contribution they can make to our health. Whether you’ve exhausted all of your western medical options without success, or you simply want to give acupuncture a try, you’ll be surprised at the many ways it can help you. Here are just a few:
- Anxiety and depression – Acupuncture is a great way to help you cope with mood disorders or feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Back pain – According to WebMD, acupuncture is thought to help release chemicals into our muscles and brain that alter our experience with pain and promote a sense of well-being.
- Chronic headaches – Many people who deal with regular migraines have reported relief as a result of acupuncture.
- Fertility – Acupuncture counteracts the effects of stress in our bodies and increases blood flow to our organs, creating a healthier and more fertile system.
- Nausea – Many people who deal with nausea and vomiting, especially as a result of chemotherapy or other medical treatments, find relief from regular sessions of acupuncture.
Here at Triveda Wellness, acupuncture is one of the many ways we can help you move towards physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. To learn more about acupuncture or any of our other services, contact us today.